Monday 2 May 2016

Hymns of the Week: Ascension/7th Sunday of Easter, Year C






I still haven't quite got my head around what is and isn't transferred to Sunday here, so I have two hymn lists for this week, and if we do celebrate Ascension this weekend, I'll combine my favourite bits of both.

Ascension

Entrance: At the Name of Jesus
Offertory: Take our Bread
Communion: I am the Bread of Life
Recessional: Alleluia, Sing to Jesus (I have a feeling I've played this a lot recently. Ah well.)

Sunday


Entrance: Come Down, O Love Divine
Offertory: Take our Bread
Communion: One Bread, One Body
Recessional: My Soul is filled with Joy (Magnificat)


Incidentally, I'm still not sure how I feel about Ascension being transferred (if, in fact, it is). I understand some of the reasons for doing it - it's not easy for everyone to get to Mass during the week, and it's important for everyone to celebrate these feasts. On the other hand, it does seem to be "cheating" a bit, and we no longer have to make a special effort to get to mass on the day itself (or the vigil). Ho hum.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment