Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Baby Edit vol. 2: Opening Lines

The premise behind Baby Edits is simple: let babies edit classic literature, and see what happens!

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a toddler, being in possession of a toy, must be in want of whatever-that-is-his-sister-has.
 - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice


It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of breastmilk, it was the age of weanong, it was the epoch of cuddles in bed, it was the epoch of having to go to bed early, it was the season of nappies, it was the season of The Potty, it was the jumping-up-and-down-in-muddy-puddles of hope, it was the tantrum of despair. 
- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Under-Threes 


Last night I dreamt I went to soft play again.
- Daphne Du Maurier, Rebecca


This is my favourite book in the whole world, though I have never read it, exclusively because another child is attempting to take it from me.
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride 
 

Reader, I chewed it.
- Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

For more Baby Edits, see Vol. 1, in which the babies edit Kipling...

...and seeing as there are five opening lines here, I'm linking up with Ashley for Five Favourites. Wooo!






 

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable!! I just ordered our first Baby Lit book for our kids. How did I not know about these??!! I can tell that I'm already going to fall in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no... I didn't know there was already a series of books called BabyLit!
    I may have to rename my posts, I have no connection to the series (although it does sound pretty good, we may have to look into that!)

    ReplyDelete