Monday 14 December 2020

In which I am still alive

 So. 2020 is almost over, and I'm sure we're all pretty much ready to se the back of it.

It has also been, oh, two and a half years since I last posted anything on here. The thing is, when I'm working, I'm up to my eyeballs in words most of the time, so there aren't any spare words to go on here. If anyone was wondering what it is I actually DO all day (on top of child-herding), ProZ recently released a very good guide to it: https://go.proz.com/blog/translation-the-inside-story . They really hit the nail on the head, if you replace "dog or cat" with "baby". Yes, they're time-consuming, but they don't make me sneeze.

Occasional waves of blog-related activity tend to appear when I'm on maternity leave... except when said maternity leave corresponds with a global pandemic, meaning school-at-home for the oldest four. As Ze Husband put it, "A lot of maternity. Not much leave". 

Anyway, the planets have aligned and I have no work this week - so who knows, some Thoughts may make it onto a screen near you!




No comments:

Post a Comment